Sunday, December 15, 2013

A Hard Working Little Elf


It’s soon to be Christmas and I’ve been a hard-working little elf and decorated our house from the beginning of this jolly month. Well from the end of November to be honest. I just couldn’t handle all of the sparkly things calling me from the attic.

When decorating my house I get reunited with some old friends – my vintage decorations which have been passed on through generations. I love and cherish these fragile friends of mine but I like to spice things up a notch by introducing them to new friends – sparkly, shiny Christmas decorations in pretty pastels. I like this mix of decoration I’ve known since I was a child and which are of great sentimental value to me and the new ones which I get to choose and more or less reflect my likes and who I am.


My unconventional likes in colours when it comes to Christmas décor may seem tacky to some but I am a strong believer in doing things your own way so that’s what I try to do in every aspect of life. I like to have my surroundings as well as my clothes to reflect me and my likes. Christmas to me might not be the same for all of us but I’m sure we (well most of us) can agree that it’s a wonderful time of the year. 

My fiancé and I decided to buy an artificial tree this year. We had a small Christmas tree last year and it shededd a lot which was to amusing for our furry friends and we soon had spruce needles all over the place. I had my eyes on this particular tree for quite a while before deciding to buy it. I’ve decorated it with mainly pink and blue that are my favourite colours. I bought the Christmas tree baubles at ChristmasTimeUK. They were very kind to answer any of my questions and the delivery was extremely fast. I ordered late on Friday the 6th, it was shipped out on the 9th of December and arrived on the 14th.

I originally planned to use gold and white iridescent tinsel but the tree looked too busy with it on. So I went for a small silver chain of sparkly pearls instead. I think it adds a nice touch to the tree.

My favourite bauble is the swirly ones with animal prints. Leopard, cheetah and jaguar prints are one of my guilty pleasures and what more can a girl ask for? Glitter and leopard print. I think I may be in love!




I bought the big pink and purple bauble because it reminded me of my best friend. Having friends and family over for the days leading up to Christmas is one of my absolute favourite things. This merry season means a lot to me. It’s the time of year where it’s alright to get your inner child out and go all in with the decoration, Christmas movies and sing those songs we know all too well because we’ve been singing them for all of our lives.

So what do I listen to at this time of year? My lovely fiancé gave me a Christmas CD with Elvis Presley a few years back. Elvis and Christmas is just the perfect combination. I wouldn’t mind him under my Christmas tree either! I also enjoy And Winter Came by Enya, it’s so calm and absolutely blissful. In December all I listen to are Christmas songs to get me in the right mood. And to be honest it’s all I really want to be listening to.

What gets you in the mood for Christmas?


Merry Christmas and Happy Yule to you all!

Cecillie Marie




No comments:

Post a Comment