Tuesday, December 17, 2013

With a Passion for Fashion


I woke up late today after having hit the snooze button a bit too many times. I went down stairs and did what a girl have to do to look decent. I had a dress and cropped blazer hanging on my door from Sunday's Christmas event. It is a bit fancy but I’ve worn it to nursing school more than once. Glasses on and a flower in my hair. But which shoes to wear? I decided on my spiky flats, they aren’t exactly comfortable but they even out the classiness of the dress and gives it edge.


Off I went in a hurry. I knew I would be five to ten minutes late but I thought I would okay since we sing Christmas carols in the cafĂ© area every morning. My fellow students were already busy at work puzzling with some questions when I arrived. We soon had a short break. I went to get a cup of coffee school at our school kitchen and on my way I received multiple stares and compliments on my outfit.  

Whenever I get a compliment I never know how to react. I always blush, sometimes I excuse myself but I always remember to say “Thank you”. Making an effort when it comes to what one wears comes natural to me so when people compliments I get surprised that they notice what I’m wearing. I do make an effort to look my best when I have the energy for it but I don’t think it’s that a big deal. It’s just who I am. On the other hand it’s nice to receive compliments and honestly I love wearing pretty clothes. Being me includes pretty pastels, bright pink, animal prints, glitter and cats. Oh and retro dresses.

I think our choices in life reflect our personality even when it comes down to a simple thing as to what we choose to wear. I normally wear whatever I feel like on that particular day and what has been ironed already so I don’t have to spend time ironing in the mornings. I could never wear creased clothes; it’s a pet peeve of mine.

On my way home before I got outside a girl stopped and stared at me with her mouth open. We had eye contact and she still stood staring. If it was my pastel purple hair, my pretty dress or cat-eye glasses that caught her eyes I cannot say. I hope I made her day a bit more interesting.

To me it’s important to feel comfortable in my own skin and wearing clothes that suit my personality and bodyshape improves my days a lot. I wouldn’t feel comfortable wearing sweatpants and a hoodie or even t-shirt and jeans for class. Why try to blend in when you can stand out and be yourself? In my world there is no such thing as overdressed.


How do people react to your style?
Cecillie Marie 


No comments:

Post a Comment