Thursday, December 19, 2013

Body Confidence

I often hear women talk negatively about themselves. I am no exception myself. Telling yourself that you are unattractive, too fat or too thin only contribute to a lower self-esteem. Embrace yourself and accept your flaws, they are what they are, some might be changeable – do so if you desire but try not to think negative thoughts. Try focussing on the things you like about yourself instead.

Nobody is perfect and that’s what makes us all perfect. Let me explain. Our small unique features makes who we are and makes us different to one another, it’s what makes you you and me me. You are perfect just the way you are with your flaws and everything.  

Another issue of mine is that women with curves are often referred to as “real woman”. We need to stop this nonsense. Who get to decide what a real woman is? Regardless of size, shape or colour we are all women and as real as we positively can be. A woman’s authenticity isn’t depending on her curves. 

However, it’s alright to prefer one body type to another but there is no need to bash one body type in order to promote your preferred body shape. When people call slender women “sticks” and that men prefer “real women” with curves it gets my blood boiling! There’s absolutely no need for degrading a body shape to tell the world what you prefer. Simply just say: I like curves, muscles or the in between without shaming other body types.

How boring would it be if we all were the same height, size, shape and colour? Quite boring if you ask me. If we all looked the same where would the beauty be? Perfection isn’t desirable, uniqueness is. Luckily, we’re all created in a different way.

Cecillie Marie 

No comments:

Post a Comment