Monday, November 12, 2012

Review of the purple satin circle dress from Vivien of Holloway.


If you like me enjoy wearing beautiful dresses that you don’t see on every girl you should try Vivien of Holloway. VOH has been my favourite brand for some years. They make reproductions of stunning frocks from the 40s and 50s. I have a great love for 50s dresses especially circle dresses with full skirts and petticoats.


June 2011
The halterneck circle dress is my favourite dress from VOH, it’s beautifully designed with a lovely sweetheart neckline and a boned bodice which makes it unnecessary to wear shape wear. I got my purple satin circle dress in 2011 for prom. It is so stunning and I’ve got innumerable compliments on how lovely the dress is. 


Because of VOH special sizing by measurements the dress is quite comfortable and the boning shapes after your body type. I’ve lost some weight since I bought the dress back in 2011 and it's now two sizes too big but I can still wear it without it looking ridicules. The only drawback with this dress is that it doesn’t go in the washing machine but it’s such a lovely dress that it doesn’t matter. It’s a beautiful dress and I would unquestionably buy it again if we turned back time.  


Don't forget to swirl!
Cece.

No comments:

Post a Comment